4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (about a palmful)
1 tablespoon onion powder (about a palmful)
1 tablespoon garlic powder (about a palmful)
4 pieces cod fillet (6 ounces each)
Salt and pepper
Flour, for coating
2 egg whites, beaten
4 sandwich-size english muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 425°°.
2. In a bowl, pour the melted butter over the panko and work it into the crumbs to evenly distribute. Season with the Old Bay, onion powder, garlic powder.
3. Season the cod with salt and pepper, then coat in the flour, then egg whites and then panko mixture.
4. Arrange on a broiler pan or cooling rack placed on a baking sheet. (make sure you do this step).
5. Bake until deeply golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
6. Serve on toasted english muffins
(We added shredded lettuce, tomato slice, and tartar sauce)