1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons green curry paste
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 15-ounce can coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
4 ounces thin rice noodles, broken into pieces
2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), very thinly sliced crosswise
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
4. Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
6. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.