1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt and black pepper
1 pound fresh linguine
4 leeks—trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise and washed
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
1. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon peel, garlic and crushed red pepper; season with salt and black pepper.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
3. While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, season with salt and black pepper and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
4. Push the leeks to the side of the pan, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until pink and firm.
5. Pour in the wine and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the pasta to the skillet; season with salt and black pepper. Add the parsley (if using) and toss.