Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Salmon with Citrus Glaze

Ingredients:
1 pound salmon filet
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest (I didn't have a lemon, so I used an orange)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (I used 1 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I used 1/4 tsp)



Directions:


1. Combine sugar, zest, salt, and pepper and mix well.

2. Evenly spread the mixture onto the salmon and allow to sit for 45 minutes, at room temperature.

3. Position a rack in the oven 3 inches from the broiler. Line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil and place the salmon on the pan

**4. Turn the oven on to the high broiler setting for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, place the salmon into the oven and broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until the thickest part of the fish reaches an internal temperature of 131 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to rest, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately



**NOTE: These are the cooking directions as written on food network... The fish wasn't cooked enough for me following these directions, so I cooked it longer... maybe if I had let it rest (like the recipe said, which I didn't, it would have finished cooking... you'll have to experiment. It tasted great, I just had to cook it longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment