1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut in thin strips
2 Tbl curry powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbl olive oil
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 yellow squash thinly sliced
1 green squash (zuchinni) thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups LOW SODIUM chicken broth
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
pepper to taste
Cooked white rice
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut it into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle it with the curry and cinnamon, toss, and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
4. Add the broth, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Return the vegetables to the skillet and heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Serve over rice and top with almonds